Sunday, May 27, 2007

Just an update



So we are still working on the link to photos of Clown. It gave me an idea, I think I will also do it for all the kids. It takes time though, so it may be a while.

Jock is off this weekend, camping with friends. The mother of a friend of his called me and said that they let each of their children choose a friend to bring on this long weekend camping trip. The specifications were that the friend had to be nice to the sibling (there are two kids, Jock's friend and his younger sister) and respectful to herself and her husband. Jock was chosen and I was kind of surprised. Then I remembered that Jock is his sweetheart self around others, it is just here at home that he can be rude and mean. So to them, of all their son's friends, Jock is the most respectful and considerate. We were proud to hear that!

He left on Friday while Cryptic and I went to see the third Pirates movie. He will return tomorrow sometime, depending on traffic. They took a ferry out to an island and are camping there. Jock was very excited and I can't wait to hear how it went.

Life here without Jock around is very peaceful. He is not here to instigate and antagonize. Yet, all of us except Cryptic have expressed how much we miss him. I can't wait for the little fart to get back tomorrow, but try and remind myself to enjoy the peace and quiet:)


Another reason I can't wait for him to get back is so that I can see the Pirates movie again:) We planned to get a sitter for the younger two and then Stud and I wanted to take the older two to the movie. Then this camping trip came up and the sitter had not gotten back to us. We have not used a sitter for a long time, but of course since the little ones are not old enough to see this movie (or any of the Pirate movies) we need a sitter if Cryptic is going with us. So instead, I took him on Friday and then Stud took him yesterday. Cryptic was thrilled to see it twice and then I get to take Jock for his first viewing. I really loved it, I just love these movies. They are SO FUNNY to me:)




We are anxious for Princess to dance in her recital this upcoming weekend. She was sad because she was invited to a birthday party that she will need to miss because it is at the exact same time as her first performance this coming Friday night. She refused to speak to me for a while because I was making her miss the party and attend the recital. She was giving me the silent treatment for a while. Being female, it of course lasted all of ten minutes before she could not stand it anymore and began to talk to me again:)

Well, this was just a quick update while I wait for Cryptic to get his butt out of bed and come and finish a board game we started last night. Clown and Princess want us to finish this game of "Life" and we can't get Cryptic up! He likely stayed up reading until four this morning or something, as he tends to do.





Here is Clown, proud of his cursive. I got them all this cool book with wipe off pages. They use markers and then after I check it, they can wipe it off and another kid uses the page if they want to practise that particular letter. Came with a fun little eraser too. Note the dark thing on his desk behind him. It is the "Dead Man's Chest" from the second Pirate Movie. It is actually a CD player and when you open it, there is a heart in there that lights up red. It is really cool. He and Cryptic share this bedroom and they really enjoy this CD player:) I got it for them as a surprise a few weeks ago.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

8 comments:

sydwynd said...

Our boys give us many hassles at home but are polite in public and to others. So we must be doing something right, as it appears you are.

Hope you had a good weekend!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Looks like excellent handwriting to me. A man should be proud of his signature in life.

Lowa said...

Vince- True enough. I guess we are doing SOMETHING right:) Are you saying that those sweety-pie boys of your's ever do anything wrong?? They look much too cute for that to be true!

Tim-Yes, very true. I figure that is not bad for just turning eight. His printing is much neater than his older brothers'! He is pleased about that and wanted to get try cursive.

Library Mama said...

Yes, that is beautiful handwriting! Take it from someone who has graded her fair share.

Break a leg to Princess. Hope her recital goes well. #3's recital is in mid-June. Last night was #1's year-end band concert. Busy, busy, busy!

Take care!

Library Mama said...

Hope all is well with all of you.

Library Mama said...

Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumour that you might be updating your blog...

Lowa said...

LM-Thanks for checking up on me:) Was so sweet! Her recital was awesome, I should post some photos sometime soon. No motivation lately...

NT- LOL Yup! FINALLY! Can't wait to see you at the reunion:) TWENTY YEARS! That is just wrong on all levels.