Ok, Lara tagged me.
It is called "Six Weird Things about Me" but since I am a total freak, I have MORE than six things:) LOL So I am going to do a few more. Whoever wants to join in this, feel free. I will tag Tim, Library Mama, L, Vince, Jude, Dooney, Sillygirl and Claire. If I did not tag you, don't worry. Feel free to do it and please let me know so that I can enjoy reading it. Do as many as you want.
Seven Weird Things about Me ~
1) I sometimes sleep on my tummy with my legs bent at the knee and the lower legs sticking up toward the ceiling. I don't do this on purpose and am never aware of it. Stud has discovered me that way a few times over the years and it freaks him out! Clown is the only one of our kids who also does it. That we know of.
2) I can't stand ANYTHING on my feet, or at least for my feet to be completely covered. I wear thongs (Flip Flops to some of you) outdoors as often as I can, bare feet inside. Bare feet outside weather permitting. Once in a blue moon I will put on a pair of fuzzy socks if the floors are really cold. This usually lasts about three minutes before my feet are suddenly hot and the socks must come off INSTANTLY. I have been known to have my hands full of something and screech at someone who is near to quickly rip the socks off for me if I cannot get to them. I usually just step on them with opposite feet and pull them off that way.
3) I have my own odd language that I mutter and/or squeal at random times. I can't actually control it very well most of the time and it really embarrasses Jock. It usually happens when I see a baby or an animal. It is a baby talk that has evolved into...I don't have a word for it. Some find it endearing, others find it bizarre. My kids love to decipher it and are learning it quite well. Jock can actually imitate it quite well. He hates when it happens out in public, but seems to love it here at home!
4) I am insanely ticklish. As in if you tickle me, prepare to be injured. I cannot control my flailing limbs.
5) I am very anti-social. If I could survive without leaving the house/neighbourhood for weeks, I would. I would be happy as a clam, sitting in the house, playing games with my kids, surfing the net, baking, painting, reading, going for an occasional walk, etc etc for weeks on end. BUT NO!! Life dictates that I must leave to get food, library books, take kids/animals to the Dr., and on and on it goes. *sigh*
6) Along those same lines, I despise shopping. If Stud would go and get all the things that we need to run the household, I would be in heaven. I can't stand having to go into stores and search for the things I need. The odd thing about it, is I am actually very friendly and strike up conversations with total strangers. See?? I am weird! LOL
7) I talk to myself constantly. I am becoming my mother and my mother-in-law. Or maybe I always was?? I have never understood why both of those women are ALWAYS TALKING out loud, just muttering about what they have to do and where they need to go and every detail of every move they are making. I am not sure why I do it, but I try not to. Just today, I was saying something to no one in particular and Jock was nearby. I forget his exact words, but he basically asked why I feel the need to mutter about what I am doing. Which gave me the idea for this list.
Well, seven then. I guess I can't think of any others. I will leave you all with a link to Princess's ballet recital on the 9th. She is on the end there, it should be obvious. Don't pay any attention to or even LOOK AT those other kids. The ones that we didn't get their parents' permission to post this. Pretend you don't see those cute kids, just focus on the cute small one on the end, ok?? Thanks!! :)
Go here to see something really cute! Princess was totally lost, she had missed too many lessons. I will post the ones from last spring soon. She was much more focused then. I love when they mess up. SO CUTE! Makes it much more fun:)
Peace out for now!