Friday, December 09, 2005

New Baby

We have some exciting news!

Our kids have a new cousin. Hubby's bro and his wife had their second little girl Friday afternoon down in SC. She is just precious and we could not be happier for them. Just wish we could see more of them. Sure is no fun living so far from everyone on both sides, sometimes.

We love it here though and have such a great church family and so many awesome friends. Just be kind of nice to actually KNOW my family and hubby's family more. Ya know?? Like be closer emotionally. I wish I was close enough to take my sis-in-law a meal or two, and maybe have our niece spend the night, give them a break and time to catch up on sleep now that they have a new born.

When I was a kid, I saw my cousins throughout the year and we would stay at our Grandma's together for days at a time in the summer, etc. We would spend Spring Break at each other's houses or many days throughout the summer or Christmas break from school. Good times. I have great memories of those times. Makes me so sad to think of our kids so far from their FIRST cousins. Hubby and I both grew up with cousins very close geographically. Seems weird that our kids go years in between spending any time with any cousins. *sigh*

Hopefully it won't be two years before we meet this one, like it was with her older sister!


Ok, must get R's lunch made and get him up and ready for school. Hope we won't have too much of a fight this morning!

No comments: