Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Twelve Dancing Princesses


While I am waiting for Stud to come home from his weekly hockey game, I feel well enough to post about the party festivities from yesterday.

She says she is going to be a ballerina when she grows up. LOVES her ballet classes (recently quit tap, wants to focus on ballet) and just loves anything ballet related. We were going to do this theme for her party, but she was torn. Ballet, or Princess?? She had done Princess last year, and never done ballet. She was tormented!?!? WHAT TO DO!?!?

We went shopping to get ideas and came across this and realised it was PERFECT! Ballet AND Princess things combined!?!? What could be better!?!?

So that is the theme we went with, as well as the ballet slipper pinata (I can't get the squiggly thing to go above the 'a') and she was just tickled pink. Our friend who makes the kids cakes did a ballet slipper cake. I can't post a photo of it since her name is on it. I don't know how to cover that up, maybe Stud can help me. She really makes awesome cakes. Home made, from scratch, with a filling and everything. Princess requested strawberry cake with strawberry filling. I don't like cake, so a, not sure how it was, but people seemed pleased with it. I also made pink strawberry punch which no one but the birthday girl really liked! LOL At least SHE liked it!




So we did musical chairs and the pinata and had a wonderful time. Six friends from her class at school came (three boys and three girls) as well as various family friends who try to never miss our kids' parties. She was spoiled rotten as always and got four of the Twelve Princess dolls that she plans to collect. Stud took her to buy another one today, when they returned a duplicate gift.




Clown was shy and held back for a while, but finally joined in the fun and put a huge dent in the pinata!








You can't see a lot of the kids clearly, so I don't think it is a problem to post these. There are some cute pictures of her opening gifts and doing the whole cake thing, but her little friends are all gathered around her so I don't feel right posting those. I thought to ask the parents' permission, but chickened out! We had kids ranging in age from fourteen to about three. Seemed that everyone had a great time and I know Princess slept well and was very happy. That is what matters.




Ok, head ache is back and I am suddenly exhausted. I will go wait for Stud to get back.

Hope everyone had a lovely and restful weekend!

3 comments:

sydwynd said...

Pinatas are a blast! Especially if someone is pulling on the string to make the kids miss!

Sounds like it was a great party. Hope you're feeling better today!

Library Mama said...

I'm living vicariously through your Princess. Alas - I will never have a princess/ballerina party! :-(

However, Saturday will be our Cowboy party for #3.

Giddy-up li'l dogies!

Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Lowa said...

Vince- Yes, there was a good picture of our friends up on the deck pulling the rope, etc. But of course I did not post that! This time it worked out fine, but sometimes kids end up crying and it is not very fun. I reminded Princess of this when she was set on having one again this year. It all went well, thankfully! I am feeling a tiny bit better, thank you:)

Happy- Yes, people raved about it. Princess sighed happily that night and thanked me for putting the party together. Funny how different girls are. All of her brothers have fun at their parties, but don't seem to notice all the planning that I put into them. Girls are more in tune to that, it seems. Hard for me to get used to, but I am certainly enjoying it!

LM- OH! That sounds FUN! I bet he is very excited, eh?? You could always try once more:) I was certain I would never have a little girl but I wanted one SO BADLY. It was never good enough for me to live vicariously through others. Many of my friends said they would share their girls with me, but it was just not the same. I am glad that it is good enough for you and you are not out of your mind with envy like I always had been! LOL You are much more mature than I am:)