Monday, January 01, 2007

Sincerely

Just now I was snuggled in bed with Clown, tucking him in, discussing the holidays, the coming week, saying prayers etc. We often say the Lord's Prayer together and then do "regular" prayers, where he says what is on his mind, prays for certain people, etc etc.

Tonight, he put a new twist on it. He prayed a lovely prayer, thanking God for many things, and then he ended it with, "Sincerely, Clown." and then grinned an adorable tooth missing grin at me. I love this age where they are missing teeth.

Of course he doesn't know he is called Clown in here, so he said his true name. Which is actually his middle name, since he goes by his middle name and we don't usually use his first name. But I digress!

Ok, off to the next one...

6 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

I like the "Sincerely Clown". The Lord has to have a sense of humor or why would he have created all of us. Sometimes I will offer a voiced prayer here at home and ask for a special blessing on Cheryl cause she is so sinful.:):)

Lowa said...

Tim-Yes, the Lord has a sense of humour for sure! LOL You are so funny, I am sure Cheryl appreciates it:) LOL

Happy- Yes, true!

Library Mama said...

When my niece was a little girl, she liked to say the Grace at mealtime, and often she made it up from scratch. One time they had company for dinner and my niece said, "Thank you, God, for this delicious dinner and for our good friends who have come to visit - except the girl sitting beside me, God. I don't really like her very much."

Oops!

sydwynd said...

They're so cute when they say prayers like that. Grasshopper has started praying for stuff when he thinks of it. Like if he isn't feeling good he'll just pray to God to make him feel better. Hope he keeps that up as he grows.

BTW, the boys loved Monster House. I got a kick out of it as well. I thought it was a nice twist that the house was possessed by the wife. I didn't see it coming.

Leslie said...

That's really cute...like he was writing a letter.

Lowa said...

LM- THAT is CUTE! LOL Humilating for the parents, but FUNNY and cute:) teehee

Vince- Yeah, maybe I will give the movie another shot...I dunno. That is sweet about Grasshopper. Keep setting a great example, and I am sure he will!

L- Yup. I think he may have gotten the idea from one of my brothers. The writer, incidentally. Last Christmas when he was saying goodbye to our oldest brother's kids, he would hug them and then say various things in their ear. When he patted them each on the back and pulled away as he closed his good-bye, he would say, "Sincerely, Sean." and other things like that! He is a character!