Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hockey Drama & Princess's career


Princess announced she is going to be a photographer when she grows up. She took the camera around tonight and took some nice shots. I will scatter some shots here and there in this post. I love to see things from her perspective. The one of my baby brother's school picture from last year is very special of course. It is right down on her level and is important to her. I sometimes find her standing and gazing at the frame and looking at him with tears glistening in her eyes. It is heartbreaking to see her miss her Uncle so much. Sometimes she just comes running to me sobbing, seemingly out of the blue. I don't even have to ask what is wrong and we just cuddle and cry together. It hits her suddenly, as it does me. Very odd, this grieving business.




On that note, my Doctor has told me that I am depressed. I have every single symptom and it is not just because of my brother's recent death. It has been creeping around in the background for some years now. She has suggested anti-depressants, which I will avoid at all costs. I will somehow work through it, with God's help and the support of my family and counselor. Counselors are good! LOL Just wanted to mention it to explain why some of you don't hear from me as often as you used to and why sometimes I go a long time without posting. No need to worry, just a fact I thought I would put out there. Still hard to get used to, I never understood the concept of depression and always thought people needed to "get over it". HA! Easier said than done.





I tell you, there has been a lot of commotion over hockey around here lately.

The season is almost over and Jock's team did not do that well. They had fun and that is what counts. I never did let any of you know what happened when the Rep team wanted him. He decided not to join them and chose to stay with his original team. So that worked out.



This past Monday, he had his last practice. It was a scrimmage with another team. There is one boy on that team who is always swearing at Jock, following him around the ice, trying to trip him, etc. I guess Jock had finally had enough and, possibly thinking "this is the last time on ice for the year, I am fed up with this punk, I am going to do something about it", here is a short video clip of what happened.

Jock is the one in red. As you can see, the child with the foul mouth and attitude slashes Jock. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but then again I have not been dealing with it all season. Not only did he slash him, he called him an "F-ing moron" as he did it.

Obviously, Jock was fed up and did something about it. You will also see the slow motion version. I find it sad that children this age even know these words at all, let alone speak them so freely. According to Jock, this kid needs his mouth washed out every few minutes. Very sad.

I must say I am glad Jock will not put up with being pushed around or being treated badly. When I was his age, I think I would have just left things alone. I never stuck up for myself. I am pleased that my kids do.

So he has been asked to play on another team who are in a tournament this weekend. It has been observed how good he is and his services were requested because for various reasons all their players could not make it. Stud was told that they needed Jock to help them score, they have seen him play before and wanted his help. So that made him feel good. All kinds of miscommunication has gone on and he is quite upset and now may not play at all, he says.

First, he was not told that he would not be playing his regular position. He panicked and said he could not play any other. They said that was not a problem, they needed him and would put him in whatever position he chose, move other players around if need be, no problem.





Then we found out, they only needed him in two games, not all four. Now tonight he was told it will only be one game on Saturday morning. He claims there is no point and was crying and very upset. When Stud was tucking him in, he said to call the guy and tell him he was not playing in any games. By the time Stud went into his office to play some guitar and came out again, there was a note on the floor in the hallway saying DO NOT call the guy and say no. Stud went into his room and asked him what he should do and Jock just sighed and said "I DON'T KNOW!" Poor kid. Drama Drama Drama







Of course there is a lot more news, but I must get to bed. I have been getting up at 6 and doing my yoga, weights and walking out in the cold every morning. I still eat horribly, but one thing at a time, right?? LOL





We have Science class tomorrow, a birthday party, I am watching a friend's son, blah blah blah.

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

I am sorry to hear to you are sad, and coping with death is never easy.
I love the pictures of the cat, tell Princess good work!