Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kind Hearts Continued

So I told about what Princess did. Now I will take time to tell about Clown.

We were at Target the other day and I gave them each a dollar to buy some candy. He saw a Hershey's bar and told me that the price was $0.59. He said, "I can't buy two, can I, Mum?? That would be more than a dollar, right??"

I confirmed this and he said ok and paid the lady and took his change. We all made our purchases and the other kids were eating their candy as we drove back home. Clown was not eating his and I asked him what he was waiting for. He did this little crooked grin that he does and said, "You'll see."

When we got home, he kept on looking out the windows toward one of the next door neighbours' house. Kept on moving the curtain back and could not focus on the book I was reading to them. At one point, right in mid-sentence, he asked what time it was. I told him that was rude, he interrupted me. He said he was sorry, he could not help it. Asked permission to go look at the clock (this child reads time from regular clocks, the older two insist on using digital) and then came running back and said that his friend A would be home from school soon. Then he glanced at his Hershey bar he had set on the coffee table.

I put two and two together and realised that he had bought it for the next door neighbour boy and not himself. He had wanted to see if he could afford two of them because he also wanted one for himself. Since he could not, he spent his money on a treat for his friend. He was so tickled and pleased when he saw A coming down the hill from school. I couldn't make him stay listening to the book anymore if he was too excited to even retain any of it. So he ran outside to give his gift to his friend and they had a fun time playing together.

The end.

2 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Nice, very nice. You have to be pleased with your kids and the way they are progressing in life. Says something about the parents.

clairesgarden said...

that is nice,