Thursday, April 20, 2006

Too much testosterone!

You can tell Princess is surrounded by boys.

I was playing with her yesterday in her room. She got these tiny fairies she has been wanting from the Easter Bunny. So she wanted me to "act" the pink one while she "acts" the purple one.

I put mine up in the air and starting flying about and speaking in a silly voice.

Instantly, I was attacked by the purple one, right in mid air!?!!?!?! I was hit and pummeled and my baby girl was making all kinds of mean ferocious attacking sounds!

I shrieked and fell to the bed. "What are you doing???"

She shrugged her shoulders and said "Playing."

I instructed her how to play gently and just fly and flutter and be calm. It took a few minutes, but soon her feminine side emerged and she was talking sweetly and the purple fairie was sitting in a hair salon chair, getting her hair done and all was well with the world.





I need to play with her more often so she doesn't think the only way to "play" is to make those horrible sounds and attack everything! That is fine to do, for sure. I just want her to know there are alternatives. With all these brothers around, she needs extra help.

I was a total Tom Boy when I was little. I am not your typical female by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know how much had to do with my also having three older brothers and how much is just born into a person.


Please note the photo with the purple fairie in the chair. Princess was raiding her Hippo Bank (She is passionate about hippos and turtles. LOVES THEM. A close family friend got her that bank for her birthday one year) to give money to the stuffed cat with wings, right there in the lower right corner of the photo. That cat, would then in turn give the money to the "poor people". One of the fairies spoke up and said "I am poor" once they overheard Princesses plan. She did not skip a beat and said all matter of fact-

"No, you are rich. I'm smart!" Kind of like don't try to pull one over on ME, missy!"


I think she is right, she is very smart. Of course, I am a wee bit biased.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

scary fairies! great imagination though,