Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Advice

So I have been trying to grow my hair longer again. When Brain was a baby, it was very pretty if I do say so myself.

I can't get it that way again. Three years ago, it looked like this:




I almost forgot what my natural hair colour looked like! It is pretty close to this one shown here.



Now, it was getting layered all the time and looking funky. So almost a year after this photo was taken, I got it dyed darker and chopped off.



They continued to layer it, which causes a sphere shape. Thus:




Well, you can't really tell from that one. But trust me, it is a sphere. It is just now finally getting to be close to one length all over again, as it was in the good old days.

Do I go lighter on the colour again and grow it more, or stay darker (which causes the grey to be MUCH more noticeable between salon appointments!! NOT a good thing) and shorter??

Do I go lighter and stay shorter??

Do I go longer but keep it dark??

Help me please! I know Stud wants it longer, but I am not sure on his colour preference. I should go and ask him, eh??

Also, I am ready for my newest tat. I have waited over a year now since my last one and I am tired of waiting. Stud is due for one, but won't decide. I have narrowed it down to one of my calves or my lower back. I want to lose more weight before I get one anywhere fatty, so it won't sag or something once the weight is gone. I am hoping that my legs and lower back are fine...I think my lower back is. Doesn't FEEL very soft...hmmmm...anyway. Nighty night!

2 comments:

sydwynd said...

I'm having trouble on length. I'd have said long before the Wife cut hers short. Now I really love the short look on her. I think a straighter hair style would look good on you. As for color, I think you should lighten it to a redder shade. But then I always liked redheads.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Lowa said...

Happy - I expected that from you! Man, are you sure you are not one of my brothers?? teehee

Vince - Excellent, very informative. Yes, we have tried straight. Stud HATES it, but everyone else loves it. A friend of mine once told me that Stud hates it because it makes me look so much better and he doesn't like other guys noticing that! LOL Right, honey?? (I know he is reading this) I think mainly, it is because he loves curls, just always has. I have always dreamed of straight hair, though...always want what you don't have.

I think that is how they started layering it. When this one woman cuts it, she loves to play with it for hours and straightens it, etc etc. It looks good layered and styled straight, but I can't keep that look up. I don't have time to straighten it, ya know?? My arms get tired, not to mention lack of know-how and time or interest.

More red, eh?? Hmmm...I am going to the salon on Saturday, we will see what they end up suggesting. Be interesting to see how it turns out. Thanks for the help!