Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tag - You're all it!

Ok, Lara tagged me.


It is called "Six Weird Things about Me" but since I am a total freak, I have MORE than six things:) LOL So I am going to do a few more. Whoever wants to join in this, feel free. I will tag Tim, Library Mama, L, Vince, Jude, Dooney, Sillygirl and Claire. If I did not tag you, don't worry. Feel free to do it and please let me know so that I can enjoy reading it. Do as many as you want.


Seven Weird Things about Me ~

1) I sometimes sleep on my tummy with my legs bent at the knee and the lower legs sticking up toward the ceiling. I don't do this on purpose and am never aware of it. Stud has discovered me that way a few times over the years and it freaks him out! Clown is the only one of our kids who also does it. That we know of.

2) I can't stand ANYTHING on my feet, or at least for my feet to be completely covered. I wear thongs (Flip Flops to some of you) outdoors as often as I can, bare feet inside. Bare feet outside weather permitting. Once in a blue moon I will put on a pair of fuzzy socks if the floors are really cold. This usually lasts about three minutes before my feet are suddenly hot and the socks must come off INSTANTLY. I have been known to have my hands full of something and screech at someone who is near to quickly rip the socks off for me if I cannot get to them. I usually just step on them with opposite feet and pull them off that way.

3) I have my own odd language that I mutter and/or squeal at random times. I can't actually control it very well most of the time and it really embarrasses Jock. It usually happens when I see a baby or an animal. It is a baby talk that has evolved into...I don't have a word for it. Some find it endearing, others find it bizarre. My kids love to decipher it and are learning it quite well. Jock can actually imitate it quite well. He hates when it happens out in public, but seems to love it here at home!

4) I am insanely ticklish. As in if you tickle me, prepare to be injured. I cannot control my flailing limbs.

5) I am very anti-social. If I could survive without leaving the house/neighbourhood for weeks, I would. I would be happy as a clam, sitting in the house, playing games with my kids, surfing the net, baking, painting, reading, going for an occasional walk, etc etc for weeks on end. BUT NO!! Life dictates that I must leave to get food, library books, take kids/animals to the Dr., and on and on it goes. *sigh*

6) Along those same lines, I despise shopping. If Stud would go and get all the things that we need to run the household, I would be in heaven. I can't stand having to go into stores and search for the things I need. The odd thing about it, is I am actually very friendly and strike up conversations with total strangers. See?? I am weird! LOL

7) I talk to myself constantly. I am becoming my mother and my mother-in-law. Or maybe I always was?? I have never understood why both of those women are ALWAYS TALKING out loud, just muttering about what they have to do and where they need to go and every detail of every move they are making. I am not sure why I do it, but I try not to. Just today, I was saying something to no one in particular and Jock was nearby. I forget his exact words, but he basically asked why I feel the need to mutter about what I am doing. Which gave me the idea for this list.

Well, seven then. I guess I can't think of any others. I will leave you all with a link to Princess's ballet recital on the 9th. She is on the end there, it should be obvious. Don't pay any attention to or even LOOK AT those other kids. The ones that we didn't get their parents' permission to post this. Pretend you don't see those cute kids, just focus on the cute small one on the end, ok?? Thanks!! :)

Go here to see something really cute! Princess was totally lost, she had missed too many lessons. I will post the ones from last spring soon. She was much more focused then. I love when they mess up. SO CUTE! Makes it much more fun:)

Peace out for now!

10 comments:

sillygirl said...

I am TOTALLY with you on the socks thing! I HATE SOCKS. I have only about...4 pairs. I have 11 pairs of flip flops, on the other hand, and go barefoot whenever possible. DOWN WITH SOCKS!!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

I didn't think any of these were wierd. Well, okay maybe the sleeping with the legs in the air, or maybe the talking to oneself, or maybe being a recluse if possible, or well you get my drift. Have a Merry Christmas you old wierdo you.:)

Lowa said...

Silly- That's right!

Happy- teehee I know:) Yes, she looked precious. I LOVE the two she did in June, will have to post those soon. The other kids show up more and are much more easily seen, is why I have been hesitant about it. Still dunno if I should, but it is SO CUTE, I just need to! LOL

Tim- LOL You mean Irishman you! LOL It's true, and I do get your drift:) Merry Christmas!

Lowa said...

C- WHAT!?!? I DID THAT!??! LOL OH MAN! I am DYING laughing! LOL How old were we?? I don't remember that at all. Wow, weren't you scared of me?? LOL

I KNEW the man was troubled and back at a young age, I think had some weird idea that I could "fix" him and help him in some way, if only I could just meet him! LOL TOO FUNNY!

Did I do anything else freaky in regards to celebrities??

Jude said...

OMG that was so sweet! She's got such a cute smile too.

I did that very meme awhile back on my blog..... weird things about me. If I can find it I'll send it your way!

Merry Christmas, Canuk!! Hope it's a good one!

Lowa said...

Jude- Yes, she looks sweet. We are working on something with the four kids and I hope to post it tomorrow or on Christmas Eve. Should be cute. Video of all four of them doing a Christmas Message.

Cool, I would LOVE to see your's list.

Thanks, you too! I am sure it will be a good one, especially with this wee ball of fluff that is running all through the house:) Man, he is just PRECIOUS!

C-Wow. I knew I was an oddball. LOL I remember when we met Alan Thicke and he kissed you on the cheek, do you remember that?? Then it ended up that Big Rick worked for him, etc etc. Maybe that is what you are talking about??

Library Mama said...

Just a quick note to wish you a wonderful holiday and life's richest blessings in the new year.

Lowa said...

Happy and LM - Thanks, you too!

clairesgarden said...

i just did a post on five things about me, http://clairesgarden.blogspot.com/2006/12/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-me.html
I hope that will fit in 'cos i dont think I could think of anymore, and we aren't weird, we are enriched with diversity!!
many blessings for the holiday season and the coming new year.

Leslie said...

How funny that you consider yourself antisocial but you strike up conversations with strangers. And you blog. ;)