Thursday, May 18, 2006

Seven Years old!!!

That is how old Clown will be tomorrow morning.


I will post some photos from his second and third birthdays just for fun. Neat to see how much he has changed and grown.











These are from his second birthday at home. See why the nickname "clown"???







Third birthday at a gymnastics place. This was when he was fine with people around and crowds and just relaxed and had fun.











He was so funny. Wednesday morning he came running to me and yelled, "Only 48 more hours!!!" He has been counting down and driving us nuts with how many hours it will be!



We try to make their birthdays special and certainly not like any ordinary day. I want them to know how special they are and want to celebrate the gifts that they are. We make a big deal out of it and they really always look forward to it.

He can't wait to find his gifts tomorrow. We usually have them wake up to one of them in their room somewhere or on their bed. Then they like to have treasure hunts to find the rest. We do that throughout the day, to make the fun last longer. I think he is getting a total of 5 or 6. I just wrapped them and got some hidden, you would think I would know the number.



He chose his menu for tomorrow. He wants pork chops with a mushroom gravy, rice to put the gravy on and his favourite veggie ever. Broccoli!!! Oh, I better get the pork out of the freezer while I am thinking of it...

Ok, got that done. They get to eat anything they want and don't have to do chores or school work. We all pitch in to do their chores for them and they get to play video games, watch movies, go to the Zoo or Park or anything at all that they want to do. I am sure he is going to opt for playing video games since that doesn't happen often, it is very special for them.

He had been planning on us going to see the movie "Over the Hedge" that comes out tomorrow. Today he told me that he changed his mind, he is worried too many people will be there. He doesn't like being around a lot of people AT ALL, but he is getting better about it.


So his party will be next weekend. We have five little boys confirmed, still waiting to hear about two more.



Last night when I was tucking him in bed, he started writhing around and acting weird. He tends to do these things fairly often and always in the back of my mind I wonder if he is having a seizure or something. When he started asking "Who am I??" I calmed down and knew a game was starting. I can seldom guess correctly and he gets disgusted with me. Finally I gave up and he blurted out "Taylor Hicks!!!"

For those who do not know, that is a contestant on American Idol. He is a nice guy, but dances all around pretty spastic. So Clown was imitating him. I can't believe I did not guess Taylor, he was doing a very accurate impersonation, once I thought about it.

And here he was yesterday, with gifts sent from Granny and Grandad in Canada.







Alrighty, off to bed. I am sure he will up early and full of energy!

2 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Reading your comments your son reminds me of my Michael when he was that age. What a pair that would have been. Interesting you let them chose a meal. We did that too. They could have what they wanted (within reason) and we seen some very intersting meals. Happy birthday "clown".

clairesgarden said...

happy birthday!! hope its a great day, anything you want to eat for a whole day, sounds great to me. we always have birthday photos here, it is amazing how they change!! its so nice you make your childrens days so special.