Monday, January 23, 2006

Nothing much

I am about to crawl into freshly laundered flannel sheets. The electric blanket has even been turned on. I love that! I would have given anything to have that growing up in minus 40 degrees C. Don't need it as badly now, but it is a nice treat to jump into bed with warm sheets. I shut it off before I get in or else it is TOO hot during the night.

I want to post a photo of my 3 older brothers and myself when we were wee ones soon, to go with the post about how neat they are. The third one, R, sent me some in e-mail that he had on his site. I just have to get hubby to show me how to get one or two of them out there. Hopefully that will be very soon. He has a hockey game down south right now and won't be back until 1 tomorrow morning. Poor guy! Actually, he chose to do this, so what am I talking about?

C and I have been having a nice visit. We have shopped a bit and read a few books. We have been out to eat a few times and seen three movies already! We want to go with hubby and the kids to "Nanny McPhee" when it comes out.

I am making all of her favourite treats that she doesn't often get (Chocolate Chip cookies, Lasagna, Waffles and bacon for breakfast, etc. and if all goes well this week... my home made lemon meringue pie and cheesecake. She loves them both!!!) and we are just having a good old time. She had a bad year last year and mine was not too hot either. We thought when we were together that we would both break down often, but so far, we have been fine. Not too much in the way of waterworks. I know Saturday will be hard. My brother would have been 14 that day.

Can't think of any stories or anything exciting right now, so will get to bed since I need to take R to school in the morning. He fights it and really doesn't enjoy it, I am struggling with what to do in that area. That will be a whole other post, how I feel about homeschooling vs. not homeschooling, etc.

Nighty night!

1 comment:

islandarts said...

I can't wait to hear the pros and cons of homeschooling vs public schooling.

As for me, i moved from PA (only people from there call it that, so i know you are authentic!!) in 1992 to Edmonton, lived there until i got married and then my husband was transferred to Vancouver island which is where i've hung my had for the last 5 years.
I've still got many family and friends in Saskatchewan but just no time to get down there like i used to.