Thursday, January 05, 2006

No big deal, it just tastes bad

That is what R said about his trip to the dentist this morning. Poor little 6 year old guy had to get THREE fillings!?!? I didn't mention to him that he would need needles. He and L tend to get themselves VERY worked up about basically ANYTHING and I wanted to spare him that. I told him it would not be fun and left it at that. I felt a bit guilty, like I was keeping major info from him and he would feel like I betrayed him.

Apparently he did not even cry and they said he never flinched with all the needles. I asked him if he was upset that I never told him that it entailed needles and he looked at me like I was nuts! LOL Said he didn't care, it was fine:) What a tough guy!! When we were leaving and I took him for a chocolate shake to get the icky taste out of his mouth, he told B, Bee and I that it was no worse than when he got his ear pierced.

What a brave guy I have!!

I have spent too much time reading all the blogs I love lately. I have GOT to clean this house or I will lose my mind. It is close to being lost already, I don't want to risk anything else!

I have many points I want to ponder and topics to bring up on this blog, but they will have to wait...

2 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

So welcome back fellow blogger. Sounds like you had a nice holiday and all is well. Where exactly is this place in Canada you mention? As you can tell I am strictly U.S. bound although I promote my Irish heritage. I had all my teeth pulled the day after I graduated from high school so I don't remember too much about those visits.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

In my parenting experience I have learned that it is better not to give too many details about things that will probably hurt. It tends to get them all worked up.
Better the event is the torture than me,
ha,ha..